Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default OT More on Brexit

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I think you miss the point. Chlorine kills bacteria and removes
smells. Like wearing hard hats or dust masks, it is far better to
remove the problem at source instead of taking precautions.

Hear that chaps? We don't actually need to wear hard hats, protective
glasses, or dust masks.

I'd hazard a guess not many would want to wear those when eating their
evening meal, though.

If chicken is produced in a clean hygenic environment, ...

Good luck with that.

And you think it ok to have to disinfect it afterwards before selling?

I've eaten US chicken for the last 20 years and never noticed a
chlorine taste or smell. Contrarily, I've eaten scampi in the uk which
has a distinct disinfectant taste. US beef is far superior to eat than
the EU product, also pork. You don't have to buy the product unless you
decide to do so.