Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Circlip pliers ...

On 22/07/2017 16:15, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Sears has several more styles of snap ring pliers:

http://www.sears.com/search=snap%20ring%20pliers

Have you actually used yours on the type of clip that I was trying to
describe - i.e. without actual holes in the arms ? My colleague was
trying to use some that look pretty similar to those that you linked to,
but they just slipped, even though they were an appropriate size

Instead of Circlip try looking at the e-ring tools. Maybe that is what
you are really trying to remove.

They look similar and seem to do about the same function, but there are
no holes near the ends.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/e-clip-tool

No. Definitely not E-rings. These are a type of 'conventional' circlip,
but with a slot in each arm to locate the removal tool pins, rather than
holes. Thanks for your input anyway. As ever, all comments / suggestions
appreciated.

Arfa