Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT More on Brexit

On Tuesday, 25 July 2017 17:54:03 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mark wrote:
Nobody will "move" anywhere. The most that might happen is that some
banks will set up subsidiary offices in an EU member state that they
might not have done before.

That's quite naive. If they think they are going to get a good deal
they'll relocate.

They certainly will if the reason they chose London as a head office was
to give access to the EU.

That always seemed strange to me especailly as there was an EU brofre the UK joined. So why did they move in the first place ?.
I;m betting it was for individual and personl reasons whether or not those perks have gone now we've left the EU I don't know, perhaps because if they got diplomatic preferncies they never had to pay a parking fine or the congestion charge.
The only banker I've know moved from Belgium to new yuork in 1991, then to france 1993, then the UK 1994, then to australia in 1996 taking two cats at £5k each for quarentine.
Lets face it the majority bankers care **** all about any country, they are in it for themselves and that's it.