Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 2004 CD player

~misfit~ bull****ted:

-----------------------

Actually CDRs are much less reflective than 'pressed' CDs and as
such some older CD players don't have the laser power needed to
get a good (reflected) signal.

** CDRs use the same metallised ( Gold or Silver) reflecting layer
as a normal CD.

Yes. The difference is in the construction of the non-refecting
areas.

** Shame how that admission completely removes your original claim.

I didn't think that you were going to split hairs.

** And I'm not.

In a
CD they're pressed into the refecting later and become 'pits'

** Pits come first, reflective metallisation comes afterwards.

The whole game is wavelength dependant.

Perhaps with blu-ray it is but not so much with CDs as the dark and
light areas are large enough for any wavelength to read you moron.

** Pressed CDs do not have dark and light areas.

The pits are exactly 1/4 wave deep the 780nm IR wavelength used - the
IR laser light travels and extra half wavelength causing self
cancellation.

Go look it up.

All good I'll take your word for it.

** So you never had a clue how CDs work ?

So it's even more 'black-and-white'
w/r/t reflections than I thought with a pressed CD.

** Wot a desperate bull**** artist you are.

whereas with a
CDR a dye layer between the reflecting area and the pickup laser is
'burned' changing it's reflectivity index.

** The dye simply becomes opaque.

Which is a ****wit way of saying it's reflectivity index or ability
to transmit light has changed.

** Remember posting this?

" Actually CDRs are much less reflective than 'pressed' CDs and as
such some
older CD players don't have the laser power needed to get a good
(reflected)
signal. "

Yep, and I stand by it.

** You are standing on quicksand - pal.

Notice I said "CDRs..." and not 'the metallised
layer inside CRDs...'?

** Shame how nothing else is reflective.

Wot a bull****ter.

** The one being obnoxious here is you - pal.

Not exactly true but,

** It is precisely the truth.

Fact is, you have no interest in the truth.

...... Phil