Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default "% Chance of rain"

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 22:05:43 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 12:03:34 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 22:24:22 UTC+1, bert wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave writes
On Thursday, 20 July 2017 15:39:29 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
whisky-dave expressed precisely :
When they explained it on the TV durign a weather documentary
they said it
wass the chance of rain andn showed how they calculated it.
In waether there';s a few things that can happen due to changign
Highs and
lows and various 'gulf' type streams the forcaster can guess
which will
effect which but it's a probabilty rather than a known outcome, so
they use
the % term.

I suppose they could use odds like bookies.

I was wondering about that yesterday, reading the local forecast. It
was showing various percentages for each hour, 20%, 30%, 40%, 70%.
Even
threats of thunderstorms. Does the first 20% mean that there is a 20%
risk of some rain within that hour, or something else?

I guess that what it means, perhaps some may think that it means
there's a 20% chance of rain in their lifetime, how anyone would come
to that conclusion escapes me, but there's some on here that think the
new doctor who is a women ;-)

She's reproduced already?

No the way she parked the Tardis !

https://youtu.be/LTKFaBvW6oc

Years ago I was outside working on my car when a wagon pulled up to
collect a neighbour's car. The road is narrow and nothing could get
through while is was there. At that point a woman stopped her car
alongside mine, got out and asked if I'd reverse her car for her because
she couldn't do it for the distance required. She looked a bit panicky
when I reversed it at speed for the whole length of the road.

I like reversing fast too. I was once told off by someone for reversing a Vauxhall Corsa at full revs along his street instead of driving to the end to do a 3 point turn after the huge line of parked cars. I pointed out that my vehicle was unable to break the speed limit in reverse, so he had **** all chance of getting me into **** by the police. The police never contacted me.

You should go to the highlands of Scotland. Single track roads with passing places. Encounter another car, flash your lights to say you're letting them go first, then reverse as fast as possible to the last passing place. Except if it's a bus then you make them reverse.

--
How do you make a hormone?
Kick her in the box.