Paula

Default Kitchen Aid Side-by-side - Water Dispenser/Filter Problem

Hi All -

Just wondering if anyone has experience with side-by-side fridges and
their water filters.

I had my fridge for a year before the light changed and I had to
change my filter. We use *TONS* of water and ice. The ice bucket
used to fill up in a day and the water flow was adequate (but not
exceptional).

As soon as we changed the filter, we noticed a slow-down in the flow
of the water and how quickly the ice was being made. We thought the
water pressure in our area was being affected by our water shortage,
so we just kind of ignored it. Now it is the fall, no more water
shortages and the flow seems worse. I removed the filter - and YEP -
heavy water flow. So, it is the filter, now, what's the problem with
it? I am pretty confident it's installed correctly (I hear a vaccuum
sound each time I put it in and turn it). Perhaps it was a faulty
filter or clogged from day one?

Does anyone know if buying a new filter will solve this? It was
expensive ($50) and is now 4 months old - I doubt the parts place will
exchange it for me (BUT, the label does say it should last for 6 - 12
months, and the Green indicator light is still on).

Do you think I have a case to demand a new filter free of charge?
What could be the problem if the new filter does not help increase the
flow?

Thanks,
Paula