Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default Removing emulsion paint from plastic

On 22/07/2017 16:37, ARW wrote:
On 21/07/2017 10:26, Andrew May wrote:
On 20/07/2017 19:49, Murmansk wrote:
I need to remove emulsion paint from an intercom device and phone
socket in a sheltered housing complex - someone decided to paint them
and of course they look AWFUL!!!

I might have tried my steam cleaner but I don't think that would be
good for the electronics!!

I find methylated spirits removes emulsion with a bit of rubbing. Worth
a try - it won't affect most plastics.

Either meths or nail polish remover.

Depending on the plastic nail polish remover is much more likely to
affect it than meths. Both seem fine on electrical accessories like
light switches but the OP is talking about an intercom device which may
be very different.