Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default So much for less green after brexit!

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 08:44:05 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40699986

Smart metering controlling freezers and washing machines so that they
are switched off at periods of peak demand sounds like a good idea,
provided of course they can't be hacked and the whole system reduced
to chaos. The first phase of smart meters does little to inspire
confidence in that direction.

If we're all going to be encouraged to have a few kWh of battery
storage in our garages for peak lopping, I hope the govt is going to
spend more on the fire and emergency services, because they'll
certainly be needed.

As for improving battery technology, good luck with that.

this article looks like a 100 year prediction not a 10 year one

tim

--

Chris