Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default UPRIGHT FREEZER DOOR STILL DOES NOT SEAL

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:14:03 GMT, MJ
m wrote:

I have a garage freezer for 5 years with no problems. One Day door
would not close properly. I replaced the door seal thinking that
would fix the problem. I adjusted and adjusted the top hinge over
and over pushing it up down in and out . I will always have a 1/4
gap somewhere on the handle side of this freezer. it is almost like
the door is warped. The freezer is level side to side and front to
back. there is no ice build up or items that prevent door from
closing. I leave the gap on the bottom and can easily close it
completely with little foot pressure. I am ready to get a new
freezer any suggestions would be helpful.

Suggestions? Sure store your food some place else before it goes bad.

Run your hand down the outsides of the cabinet. If you feel any bumps, no
matter how slight, the insulation is ****ed. Ice has distorted the build of
the cabinet, thus the door will not close correctly.
I have an ancient freezer in the garage where this happened. It is only used
as extra space at Christmas. I forced the door closed and tied it shut for
11 months. This solved the problem.
11 months without food may not be a good move though :-)