Tim Mitchell

Default Fitting aerial on roof - how to get up there!

In article , Essjay001
writes
Tim Mitchell wrote:
In article , Brendan DJ Murphy
writes
have you considered a satellite dish instead?

If you dont want to subscribe to Murdoch's empire, you can still get
a dish and digibox without subscription and
You can get BBC, ITV and CH4 without subscription.

I'm not sure this is true any more, I don't believe you can get ITV /
C4 / C5 on dsat without a subscription since a couple of weeks ago,
because nobody is issuing the cards any more.

Yes you can I have been watching terrestrial tv through a satdish for about
six months now

Yes, if you already have the FTV card, but for a NEW setup I don't think
it's possible because you cannot get the FTV card any more.

There is also some talk of Sky changing the encryption so that even
existing FTV cards will not work.

This does not apply to BBC channels as they have gone unencrypted, which
is what caused the whole situation.
--
Tim Mitchell