Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumerMPG calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)

On 07/22/2017 10:45 PM, Bill Vanek wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 22:12:26 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

At under 70 my car usually is in the 35 mpg + range; at 80, it is more
like 32. I get even better mileage in Oregon with its 55 mph speed
limit. I also get bored out of my mind. There isn't a whole lot of
anything between Ontario and Bend but I figure as soon as I get up to a
decent speed a OSP cruiser will materialize from the sagebrush.

That stupid speed limit is the least of Oregon's problems.

Where is their limit 55?

The last time I was there US20, US395, and other 2 lane roads in eastern
Oregon. Apparently the raised it to 65 in March of 2016 but are rolling
it back in some places.

http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/...eed_limit.html

but according to this the limit is now 70 on rural roads:

http://www.speed-limits.com/oregon.htm

70 on Rt. 20 would make a lot more sense if that is indeed what it is
now. I'm not planning to check it out personally though.