Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumerMPG calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 9:37:31 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 07/21/2017 6:48 PM, trader_4 wrote:

No, he's been saying the same thing for many posts now. If you fill
up the tank 10 times, any inaccuracy from not exactly filling the tank
to the same level at the first time and last time is reduced by an
order of magnitude, because it only matters on the last fill. All the
other 9 fills, you have the gas pump reading.

I'm glad I "only" had to explain reactor power trip setpoint uncertainty
analysis/error propogation to the NRC staff statisticians and then sit
through the ACRS (Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards) hearings,
not usenet.

--

ROFL