Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ABLE1[_3_] ABLE1[_3_] is offline

Default Cap Leakage (cont'd)

On 7/22/2017 8:54 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, 22 July 2017 23:42:16 UTC+1, ABLE1 wrote:
On 7/22/2017 4:30 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,

says...

So far so good. It is now time to install the new caps.

And then it hit me.

This is a double sided board. I am concerned that the component
side of the board that is under the capacitor will not be soldered
properly to the leads.

Is there some trick that needs to be applied somehow to get this
soldered properly??

Hopefully the holes are what they call 'plated through' where there is a
path through the hole to the other side that is conductive. Just use
plenty of solder and heat and it should wick to the other side.

Thanks Ralph,

That was the key point I was missing. I metered each side of the board
on one hole, and yes, I got continuity.

Excellent!! Sooooooooo "Piece of cake".

Thanks again.

Les

If it's a piece of cake you'll need to handle it quite carefully when soldering
If electronics ever becomes edible that would solve the disposal issue.

NT