Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ** Tools Behind the Lathe **

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news
** Tools Behind the Lathe **

The answer some home shop machinist have come up with is to utilize
the wall behind the lathe for tool racks, pegboard for misc tools
and even cabinets. ...
I am curious what other folks think about utilizing that wall space.
Do you think its dangerous.

This video of this guys shop shows what I am talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1U8Y3Qevmo

I store tools above the lathe but I turn machines off if not actually
cutting, like between threading passes, and keep my hands back until
they stop. I recently milled a 1/4" hex on a cut-down HSS drill shank
and shut down 6 flats times 3 passes = 18 times.
-jsw