Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Moronic woman wants everyone else to suffer for her own stupidity

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:11:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 11:56:22 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:15:20 +0100, wrote:

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 09:47:19 UTC+1, GB wrote:
Many countries require swimming pools to be fenced.
And here's a coroner calling for it to be mandatory in this country:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-birthday.html

Many states in the USA not only require a fence but also an emergency
telephone.

The USA is over the top in everything. Everything is always someone
else's fault.

I do not have kids, I hate the little monsters. I do not have a pool,
but if I did then I can fully appreciate that I have a duty of care. I
would guess that many of you would take a different view if one of
your kids fell into her pool.

When I were a lad, we didn't have child molesters spreading fear and
horror amongst tabloid readers, so we wandered around freely,

Plenty still do.

fences and water in particular was fair game for all kinds of adventures.

Yeah, I lived for years just a few hundred feet from Sydney Harbour itself.

Spent quite a bit of time just shoving logs around along the waters edge
etc at the bottom end of primary school. No one ever tried to stop me
and my parents were quite happy with me doing that unsupervised.

I still remember a friend suspended over a gaping hole
in a derelict factory roof when the center asbestos panel
plummeted to the floor many meters below.

Children dont play by the same rules as adults, they need protection.

I don't agree that they do once they get a bit older.

I currently live in an irrigation area and even the youngest
kids somehow survived most of the smaller irrigation farms
having open channel water supplys. And their parents didn't
chain them up with long chains like some do with dogs.

I sincerely hope that no one's negligence regarding security
leads to a death or injury, but if it did, I would certainly hope
that the courts provide a suitable deterrant for further episodes.

Not even possible. One of my neighbours kids managed
to fall out of one of my trees with a ruler in her mouth.

Slightly different. A tree might be considered a problem if you built
a Wendy house at the top, or provided access specifically suited for
or targeted toward children. A bog standard unmodified tree couldn't
realistically be seen as a problem.

The only problem is, in the UK it's the words "reasonable care" that
everything revolves around.

I am continually informed that following the 17th edition is no
guarantee of immunity from prosecution if an injury occurs as a result
of a piece of my equipment. Even if One follows the book to the
letter, the "reasonable care" bit is there in the background just
waiting to help a few lawyers along the path to their next Merc.

AB

I am referring only to accidental injuries and drownings incidentally.

The nasty little morons that scream, shout and run around supermarkets
and the like could be thrown into the nearest pool. A few pirhana
would help make the episode a little more satisfying.