Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default cleaing cassette heads and roller.

On Saturday, 22 July 2017 20:53:25 UTC+1, micky wrote:
The owners manual for my new car says that I must clean the cassette
player head and roller after every 30 hours of use,

OR it can become too dirty to clean!!!! Is that true?

The car is from 2004 and i'm guessing it's never had its cassette drive
cleaned, but it plays fine. May i wait another 13 years?

Alcohol & cotton bud. head & whatsit first, rubber roller last. Drying properly is necessary. You can neglect it but sound quality will really suffer.

NT