Default Furnace not working properly

Hmm this is weird. I took out my thermostat and sanded the 2 copper wires a
little to get better contact and now the furnace fires up every time heat is
called. I don't see what the wires have to do with the gas valve tho. Oh
well.

"CBHvac" wrote in message
Humm..maybe you have an open limit...a bad valve, a bad control...
How about you get a competent service person out to repair it?

"x" wrote in message
Hmmm. Maybe the burner chamber is dirty, I'll try cleaning it.

"HeatMan" wrote in message
k.net...
Silly question, but is the gas turned on?

"x" wrote in message
Well it's starting to get cold around here so I decided to turn the
furnace
on for the winter but it's not working properly. It only worked once

and
that was about 24 hours after I turned the thermostat up. It worked

for
about 15 minutes. Here's what's happening from my observation:

1. Thermostat calls for heat.
2. Furnace motor starts
3. Furnace makes a clicking noise and ignitor turns on
4. Furnace makes a clicking noise and ignitor turns off after 10

seconds
5. Furnace motor still running
6. Two minutes later, ignitor turns on
7. Ignitor turns off after 10 seconds
8. Repeats 5-7 and then motor shuts off.

There's nothing wrong with the ignitor, it's glowing bright orange

and
can
feel the heat from 15 inches away. I don't know if the gas is being
released
because the fan is too loud. It's an Amana 80. Does anyone know

what's
wrong
with it?