Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Electric dryer outlet converter

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 7/20/2017 3:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 6:14:08 PM UTC-4, Sandarlene wrote:
replying to AE Todd, Sandarlene wrote:
I hooked my 240 dryer up with a 12o plug but the heater for the dryer would
not work. Did I hook it up wrong? It ran okay otherwise.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-210871-.htm

Well, he did say it would work very slowly, didn't he? With
no heat, it's going to work very slowly. In other
words, such attempts, which I'm surprised would work at all,
are futile. You can't run a typical 240V dryer off a 120V
circuit.

Maybe he should turn the plug upside down? Maybe the electricity is
flowing to the wrong side and get plugged up and stuck.

Electric constipation?

--
Tekkie