Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Circlip pliers ...

On 2017/07/21 10:49 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
On 21/07/2017 15:55, Ken Layton wrote:
Here's what I use:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-combi...b lockType=G6

Sears has several more styles of snap ring pliers:

http://www.sears.com/search=snap%20ring%20pliers

Some are for both internal and external style snap rings while others
are for internal only or external only.

Have you actually used yours on the type of clip that I was trying to
describe - i.e. without actual holes in the arms ? My colleague was
trying to use some that look pretty similar to those that you linked to,
but they just slipped, even though they were an appropriate size

Arfa

In a pinch you could take a pair of needle nosed pliers and use those to
expand the ends enough to slip off. You can sacrifice the pliers to this
specific job if you grind the ends and cut a notch in them to fit the
thickness of the circlip. I use tools similar to these Clarke tools in
our shop:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/circlip-pliers/

Just spotted the following page which has a lot of info on various circlips!

https://www.wonkeedonkeetools.co.uk/...-is-a-circlip/

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com