Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Acer , this time

. Somebody apparently just assembled
a bunch of bad parts and , well ... emailed the kids , and was told to
toss it or keep it for parts . At this point the only parts I'm sure are
good are the screen and the hinges - hdd is probably good , because I
could initialize and format it using a peripheral hookup to another comp
. Power supply , CPU probably , maybe the wifi board . I might see if I
can get a few bucks out of the local comp shop for it . Probably laugh
me out the door ...
Snag

See if there are any charity-guys who could use the parts -
guys who re-furb computers for charity - disadvantaged homes
or drop-in centres and such ...
John T.