Default Furnace not working properly

Hmmm. Maybe the burner chamber is dirty, I'll try cleaning it.

"HeatMan" wrote in message
k.net...
Silly question, but is the gas turned on?

"x" wrote in message
Well it's starting to get cold around here so I decided to turn the

furnace
on for the winter but it's not working properly. It only worked once and
that was about 24 hours after I turned the thermostat up. It worked for
about 15 minutes. Here's what's happening from my observation:

1. Thermostat calls for heat.
2. Furnace motor starts
3. Furnace makes a clicking noise and ignitor turns on
4. Furnace makes a clicking noise and ignitor turns off after 10 seconds
5. Furnace motor still running
6. Two minutes later, ignitor turns on
7. Ignitor turns off after 10 seconds
8. Repeats 5-7 and then motor shuts off.

There's nothing wrong with the ignitor, it's glowing bright orange and I

can
feel the heat from 15 inches away. I don't know if the gas is being

released
because the fan is too loud. It's an Amana 80. Does anyone know what's

wrong
with it?