Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Acer , this time

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 10:51:55 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

OK , to all - I have disassembled far enough to pull the CMOS battery ,
shorted the bat terminals and held the start key down for 30 seconds .
Now when I power it on I can access the BIOS screen using either the on
board keyboard or a USB keyboard . After the screen comes up it starts a
steady beep-beep-beep and none of the navigation or F keys responds . If
I don't push F2 it boots to the original screen that I got at first ,
still beeping all the time . Unc , you may be right , it may have a
custom BIOS flash that won't let anyone in unless connected to the
hetwork server . Next attempt to try may be a BIOS flash on USB . It
won't start memtest on CD , but at first would open KonBoot to the first
screen but not respond to any keystrokes . Won't even do that now . I'm
starting to think this thing may make a great paperweight .

The beeps, how many or is it constant? I forget what a single or two
or three mean. Been a long time for me.

Toy can look around here -- maybe.

http://www.bioscentral.com/postcodes/acerbios.htm

Don't brick it with the wrong BIOS flash. Now days I think a safety
check is built into the flash to prevent it from taking the wrong one.