Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17inch tires (all else equal)?

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 10:43:26 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 07/20/2017 09:01 PM, Mad Roger wrote:
Likewise, they measured mpg, where, again, most bikers don't really care
all that much about fuel efficiency (although tank size and miles to empty
has some bearing on the tourers).

Fuel efficiency on a bike is highly variable. That's what happens when
you have a drag coefficient like a barn door. The only thing that saves
them is a low frontal area. Since I live in a state where there isn't a
gas station on every corner I tend to be interested in those matters. I
replaced the OEM tank on one bike because a potential 120-150 mile range
wasn't going to make it.

But, still. You have to assume the engineers tested their opinions "more
better" than Joe Usenet did. You just have to assume that this is the case.

I don't assume when it comes to engineers. I are one. Some are very
adept at getting data that matches their opinions.

Engineers and scientists rely on facts and data, rather than opinions.
They may have theories, but then they test those, verify them and prove
or disprove them. And they don't rely on opinions from random internet
sites as data at all.