Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing emulsion paint from plastic

On 20/07/2017 19:49, Murmansk wrote:

I need to remove emulsion paint from an intercom device and phone
socket in a sheltered housing complex - someone decided to paint them
and of course they look AWFUL!!!

I might have tried my steam cleaner but I don't think that would be
good for the electronics!!

Swarfega will probably soften it after about half an hour to the point
where a sharp blade and a steady hand will remove it fairly easily. But
you must be careful not to scratch the surface or it will look even
worse. I tend to use a box cutter or wood chisel for getting paint
splashes off depending on how much resistance it puts up.

Are your sure it hasn't been painted to hide something worse underneath?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown