Posted to alt.home.repair
Mad Roger Mad Roger is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:12:09 -0600,
rbowman wrote:

After reading the reports about items I had some knowledge about I
concluded they were going plain vanilla, middle of the road, safe bets
like the old saying 'nobody ever got fired for buying IBM'. With that in
mind I didn't really trust their recommendations about items I know
nothing about like digital cameras.

I agree with you that CR does a lousy job of testing some things, e.g.,
they once tested motorcycles and rated highly the "quiet" ones, where most
bikers don't put the quietness as a critical factor.

Likewise, they measured mpg, where, again, most bikers don't really care
all that much about fuel efficiency (although tank size and miles to empty
has some bearing on the tourers).

But, still. You have to assume the engineers tested their opinions "more
better" than Joe Usenet did. You just have to assume that this is the case.

So, what CR says goes on the list, along with Car and Driver and other
hopefully reputable rags.