Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17inch tires (all else equal)?

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 9:57:20 PM UTC-4, Mad Roger wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 18:34:32 -0700 (PDT),
trader_4 wrote:

Did you really expect there to be something about loud pipes?

The physics of loud pipes saves lives shows it to be a myth.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/m...t-1-45969.html

The only way you'd find that was if there was an actual study.

"I almost broke Google looking for a large-scale, objective, scientifically
conducted, peer-reviewed study showing that users of loud pipes have a
lower mortality rate compared to other motorcyclists."
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/3-...-that-wont-die

"On the surface it seems obvious that the noise emitted by loud motorcycle
exhaust systems would aid in conspicuity and cause more watchful driving by
other motorists. Yet not a single thoughtful study has been done that
supports the theory."
http://www.noiseoff.org/pipes/

See also numerous articles on "Do loud pipes save lives"...
https://motorbikewriter.com/challeng...-pipes-theory/
http://motorcyclesafetynews.com/?p=878
http://motorcycleintelligence.com/do...ve-lives/1119/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/0...n_9518206.html
http://www.straight.com/life/loud-pi...-riders-safety
http://tucson.com/news/opinion/colum...f975d8564.html
http://noiseoff.org/pipes/foreword.php
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/12-...misconceptions

Like I said, you don't understand the difference between an actual
study and opinion pieces. You take anything anyone puts up on a
website as "data", even when it's obviously just opinion. Yet when
someone takes the time to explain the physics of something to you,
like I did with that whole endless BS about torque and work/energy,
you just ignore it, don't even comment on it and it's off to the next
internet fluff piece, which you treat as gospel.