Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default cool, dehumidify, and fan.

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:34:41 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 4:23:29 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I have a "portable" AC with settings cool, dehumidify, and fan.

I understand "Fan" but what could the difference be between the other
two? How can it dehumidify without also cooling?

By returning the heated air to the room instead of pumping it outside?
That's how a dehumidifier works.

That makes sense. In fact now I remember I had one once and that's all
it could do. I can see how that would be helpful if it wasn't too hot
or you couldnt' find a place to exhaust the air.

Thanks.