Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing emulsion paint from plastic

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 19:49:28 UTC+1, Murmansk wrote:
I need to remove emulsion paint from an intercom device and phone socket in a sheltered housing complex - someone decided to paint them and of course they look AWFUL!!!

I might have tried my steam cleaner but I don't think that would be good for the electronics!!

You're probably out of luck. Paint stripper would kill the plastic. A long water soak would work with emulsion but with a 50v phone socket you'd need to fit a blanking plate overnight, and you can't soak intercoms as they have speakers & mics in. Let them live with their idiot decision.

NT