Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

mechanic wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:09:43 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Billy cormack m
wrote:

replying to lyndahargreaves1508, Billy cormack wrote:
Need new washers for the key

I've got a new WB combi and it has no keys, plastic or otherwise,
AFAICS. Wot's the key for?

They seem to have given up on keys in recent models, no doubt the
hassle annoyed customers. It was 'unlocking' the fill-up loop.

I see. Mine doesn't have a filling loop internally at all, according to
the plumber who put it in. And arranged an external filling loop beside
it. With the keyed ones, were you supposed to detach the actual loop
(as in the old rules) or did the key obviate this step?

--

Roger Hayter