Posted to alt.home.repair
Mad Roger Mad Roger is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:56:59 -0600,
rbowman wrote:

The EPA has a much more complex problem. They are not measuring the fuel
economy of a particular vehicle in the short term. They are attempting
to compare apples and oranges

That could be the case that the EPA cares about something else (and they
can be driven by politics) - but - they must be subject to the scrutiny of
scientists at the car companies - so - we can assume they're held to a
higher standard than the mom and pop is who claims mpg figures with decimal
places.

Since MPG measurement accuracy & repeatability is a slightly different
subject from tire performance, we can take this subject over to this
thread:

What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumer MPG
calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ir/PT3YdPClM7g