Posted to alt.home.repair
Mad Roger Mad Roger is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:29:53 -0600,
rbowman wrote:

Using the car odometer and a notebook with your gas purchases is
strictly for the Luddites. It's like measuring acceleration with a stop
watch and the seat of your pants when you can use an accelerometer.

Thanks for checking out the articles because they were ancillary to our
conversation on tire-diameter effects on performance, but it's an
interesting question so there's now a new thread opened to iron it out.

What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumer MPG
calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ir/PT3YdPClM7g

My contention is, at the start anyway, that it's going to be really bad for
the people who love decimal places - but - let's see how it turns out
scientifically because I don't want to make unfounded claims without
stating their foundation realistically.