Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumer MPG calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)

In article , says...

What is a realistic accuracy & precision of typical MPG measurements when
measured by the consumer using the typical method of dividing their
tripmeter miles by the gas-pump gallons during fillup?

Trip meter miles depends on circumference of driving wheels. I know my
speedo closely matches readings of roadside radar displays or my GPS, so
I guess trip meter miles will be accurate too.