Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17inch tires (all else equal)?

On 07/20/2017 07:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/20/2017 1:01 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/19/2017 04:10 PM, wrote:
Cheap old motorhead farts notwithstanding ..
When I can't avoid visiting the city - I enjoy watching
the Kids with their lowered cars trying to go
into/out of a driveway ... duh. Really ?
At what point does reality kick in ?
John T.

Nothing changes. Remember the chopped and channeled bathtub Mercs that
high centered on a cigarette butt?

Then there are the hoppers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC491a3UFoo

I remember the Mercs. Wish I had the skills to build one. The 50's and
60's were the golden age of custom cars.

I worked in Ft. Wayne for a while. Indiana is big on car stuff since
there isn't a whole lot of outdoor recreation opportunities. Fairmount
was James Dean's boyhood home and is where he is buried so they have a
James Dean Festival every year. The Mercs roll in from all over.

It wasn't a custom, but my soft spot is the '51 Ford from 'Thunder
Road'. There is a nice one around town with the appropriate vanity plate.