sanatt sanatt is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyDad03 View Post
Every article I've read about Flame Weeding says that the "trick" or "technique"
is not to burn them to the ground, but rather to pass the flame over the leaves
for split second. Just enough to basically heat up the water and pop the cells.

OK, that make sense as far as killing the weed (sometimes only temporarily) but
none of the articles say anything about *why* you don't want to burn them to a
crisp. Other than wasting a little propane, and assuming there is nothing else
nearby that the extended heat might bother, why not make them disappear
completely the first time through? I doubt they'll come back any sooner and
things look better immediately.

(Guess who just scorch-earthed the area around his picnic table?)
It's science. by just steaming the leaves of the plant it shuts down photosynthesis and kills through the roots. If you burn them up you just kill the top off and it comes back from the roots. think about farmers burning fields. the grasses come right back bigger and greener than ever.