Posted to alt.home.repair
Mad Roger Mad Roger is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:45:09 -0700 (PDT),
trader_4 wrote:

I didn't say that either, in fact I said the opposite. You're looking
at torque, not energy expended. If I lift a 100 lb rock with a 2ft
lever or with a 10 ft lever, one involves 5 times the torque, but
the energy used is exactly the same.

I'm not looking to argue what he said and she said so I won't say what you
said. I'll just keep looking for the answer but it seems pretty universal
what the answer turned out to be (which wasn't what I originally thought).

This article "The Drawbacks to Bigger Wheels"
https://www.autotrader.com/car-shopp...-wheels-246039
concludes by saying
"there's undoubtedly a negative correlation between [larger] wheel size and
fuel economy."