jim

Default Westinghouse Stove oven heat keeps climbing?

Robert Gale wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my Westinghouse stand alone stove. When I turn on the
oven, the temperature keeps climbing. The stove is rather old and the model
number has long since worn off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rob...

bet you use a castic oven cleaner.. it got on the sensing tube and
chewed a hole i it... gonna cost about $50 or so to put in a new
thermostat controler in the oven... it comes with the control box with a
long senser connected to it that cannot be removed that has gas in it to
tell the oven to turn off or on depending what the temp. is.......
next time dont clean the senser tube....