Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17inch tires (all else equal)?

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 3:19:01 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
rbowman posted for all of us...

On 07/19/2017 12:00 AM, Mad Roger wrote:
What's the *performance* difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch
tires (all else being equal)?

Let's say that the stock wheel is 16 inch and let's ignore sheer looks, and
the fact the speedometer will read differently, and let's ignore obvious
non-performance wheel-well fitment issue since they're obviously not
performance changes.

What *performance* changes will the one inch larger or smaller tire cause?

Basically, I'm wondering why people almost universally want larger wheels,
where all I'm asking about are what the performance tradeoffs are.

Bling. This topic was beaten to death a month or two ago. When someone
says larger diameter wheels must be effective because they are used on
race cars ask them what size wheels are mandated for F1 or NASCAR and
what sort of racing they had in mind outside of the Fast & Furious
franchise.

I think this guy is the same argumentative/troll about weight weights and
Horror fright bead breakers, etc. He just changed hosts.

--
Tekkie

Stifle yourself! I made one sarcastic remark to the poster, after about
6 exchanges where he's going in circles, and I was accused of being nasty
to everyone on the internet!