Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default O-ring tolerance

On 19/07/17 20:07, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I'm making a part that has an O-ring in a seat. I.e., not in a
groove. The part will be "loose" most of the time & I want the O-ring
to remain in its seat by having the seat diameter smaller than the
O-ring's nominal diameter. I.e., it'll be squeezed into the seat.
How much smaller can the seat be? The O-ring's nominal diameter is
0.7 & its thickness is 0.1

Thanks,
Bob

With O rings I think the standard bible for applications is the Parker O
ring design guide which is easy to find online.