Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17inch tires (all else equal)?

On 07/19/2017 11:42 AM, Mad Roger wrote:
Likewise a wing in the rear has a genesis in actual aeordynamic theory so I
understand that people want the look of a fast car (although at 60mph, a
wing is probably just for looks).

I owned a '60 Plymouth which was the bitter end of the fin craze.
Plymouth even referred to them as stabilizers:

http://www.allpar.com/history/plymouth/1960.html

I never managed to get the car up past 110 and didn't notice any more
stabilizing effect than my '65 Dodge which was back to the basic 3 box
model:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_...5.E2.80.931967

Style is style. I did go to an outlaw kart race a couple of weeks ago
and found out the real use for the wings -- when they roll the wind up
on their side with the wing preventing them from going over completely.