Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Soda Blasting

Stormin' Norman posted for all of us...

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with soda blasters? I
have a sand blaster and find lots of uses for it around the property.
I usually use glass beads, aluminum oxide or crushed walnut shells.

Most of the stuff I clean with it is steel and wood.

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while and was
hoping someone has experience with them and can give me some insight
about the advantages of the soda over the other abrasives.

I recall hearing from somewhere, that soda blasting on steel is not
encouraged because it's reaction with paint. Others more knowledgeable can
confirm or object.

--
Tekkie