Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default RCA P60928 convergence

"John-Del" wrote in message
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1:37:35 PM UTC-4, Ian Field wrote:
wrote in message
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 2:25:37 PM UTC-5, Ian Field wrote:
jamesgmail.com wrote in message
I need help

If its that bad - you probably need to sort out the purity first.

I didn't think RCA PIL tubes still had those.

What is a PIL tube ?

May have been a copyright dodge to avoid the Trinitron.

Perhaps, but I think most of Sony's engineering efforts were to avoid
everyone else's patents. Their 70s power supply designs are a Rube
Goldberg's nightmare wrapped in a chain saw wielding mass murderer's warm
embrace. They weren't notably efficient or particularly well regulating,
so my guess is that they were building a unique design with no patents
(and really, who would patent such an abortion?).

I remember when NYC was reducing power during the 70s in an "energy
saving" attempt. Well Sony power supplies committed harakiri at not much
less than 100VAC, and lots of Trinitrons were blowing up during the
brown-outs.

As far as in-line tubes, I remember seeing mid 60s GE Portacolor TVs use
in-lines although I believe they were of delta configuration.

Its one or the other - delta is a bundle of guns and inline is exactly what
it says.