Jeff Wisnia

Default Westinghouse Stove oven heat keeps climbing?

Robert Gale wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my Westinghouse stand alone stove. When I turn on the
oven, the temperature keeps climbing. The stove is rather old and the model
number has long since worn off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rob...

Gotta be either stuck thermostat contacts or a failed temperature sensing tube
on the thermostat. Replace it. If you remove it and take it to an appliance
parts shop they'll be able to ID it and sell you a suitable replacement from
its appearance and your telling them it came from a Westinghouse stove.

Good luck,

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can keep smiling when things go wrong, you've thought of someone to
place the blame on."