Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?

"Mad Roger" wrote in message
news
What's the *performance* difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch
tires (all else being equal)?

Let's say that the stock wheel is 16 inch and let's ignore sheer looks,
and
the fact the speedometer will read differently, and let's ignore obvious
non-performance wheel-well fitment issue since they're obviously not
performance changes.

What *performance* changes will the one inch larger or smaller tire cause?

Basically, I'm wondering why people almost universally want larger wheels,
where all I'm asking about are what the performance tradeoffs are.

Bigger wheel = less gasoline for a given distance and less tire wear.