Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Resistance measurements

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:05:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Even at constant speed it's going at differing speeds at different
parts of the turning cycle. The ones I used had very low handle speed
and were far from steady. But they picked up bad insulation ok.
NT

Same here. Mine gives a reading, but varies somewhat with the crank
speed:
http://www.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Megger/slides/Megger-Major.html
There's also a leather case and a tangle of wire leads. I just took
it for a spin with a handy 22M resistor. Something is wrong as I'm
getting very unstable readings. That's not surprising since the
insides are filthy. I've been afraid to clean it lest the insulation
crumbles.

There are some videos on YouTube mostly showing how to use a Megger.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=megger

The technology is quite old and rather crude by todays standards, but
still useful for what it was originally intended (measuring high
resistances).

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558