Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Do I need to paint over Kilz

Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:01:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I am using Kilz 2 latex primer indoor / outdoor on a house after power washing it if I put a second coat of primer on will that protect the house as an outer coat?

It probably will not provide the kind of UV protection or durability
of a good, acrylic latex, heavily pigmented paint.

Why would you want to use it as the top coat?

I've got the interior of my garage "painted" with it. It is working out
fine. I would not expect to do the same thing for exterior work (for
the reasons above).