Harry Bloomfield

Default Cellar flood

"Harry Ziman" wrote on 17/12/2003 :-
We don't know why this problem has arisen, but is there an effective way to
seal the floor? At present water is pooling on the floor.

The cellar walls are in good condition and water does not seep through them.

In case anybody asks, the sump is not deep enough to permit the installation
of a pump and float switch.

I saw a self build on TV, where there was a problem with water filling
an underground habitable room. They solved it by building a sump at the
lowest point and fitting a sump pump to pump it out. The interesting
part was that they laid a new floor on top of the old one. The new
floor comprised a layer of what I can best describe as a plastic roll
material, a little like egg boxes in shape.

The egg boxes raised the floor up away from the water and allowed the
water to freely drain into the sump. The new floor was then laid on top
of the plastic.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org