Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Cap off unused outdoor power?

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1:14:09 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote:
It is a 220 conduit filled wire that was for the seat bubbles but the device
eroded over time. So there were the 2 wires sticking out, smoking or sparking
at times. I taped the wires off to try to make sure that would slow things
down and be safer.. I'm not sure what a wire nut is so if you can tell me that
would help. I am in the process of getting the tub going again and want it
to be safe. Please let me know. Thanks

Google is a useful utility.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en_US&q=wire%20nut

I'm all for learning how to DIY, but if you've got sparking and smoking wires near water and don't
know what a wire nut is, this is not the best project to hone your electrical skills on.

I strongly suggest calling an electrician before you hurt yourself or a loved one.