Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Resistance measurements

In article ,
says...

On Monday, 17 July 2017 19:36:52 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:59:41 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

hand-crank version from the 50s or 60s will come in for re-

calibration!

How can they be calibrated when the voltage produced is so unsteady? Or do they have some form of regulation? I've used very basic cranked meggers, not those old ones, and the readings were wobbly.

The only one I ever used had a slip clutch that you cranked it so fast
and it would slip at that point to keep the speed sort of the same.
They may have the coils wound in certain ways to help keep the internal
voltages porportional to each other. They are not very accurate, nor do
they need to be at that high of resistance.