Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Wired/Wireless

On 7/17/2017 9:49 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Well , since most of my exterior walls don't have drywall yet ... now
would be a good time to decide . The modem and router are at the middle
of the structure and will stay there , probably 4 or 5 runs would cover
the most likely areas where I'll want a computer - TV , stereo , one or
2 in the bedroom , my desktop is right by the router and will stay in
this immediate area . The one that really needs a wired connection is
the shop , it's just barely too far from the WiFi router to get a
reliable signal . Doesn't help that the side walls are sheet metal (end
walls are wood framed with plywood sheathing) .

Given that, I'd run a wire to the shop and a wire or two to places you
think you may need it in the future.