Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default No cash accepted

On 7/16/2017 11:48 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/16/2017 11:19 AM, notbob wrote:
What's worse. Getting robbed after picking up a weeks pay at the
"payroll window" or getting clipped for a service fee for using a
debit/credit card.

Which third world country do you live in? I've never been paid in cash
but then I've only been working for the last 50 years or so. I do
remember the days when you could walk into a bar and a guy sitting at a
table in the back would cash your paycheck. Robbing that operation would
have been a major mistake.

Last year one of the big restaurant chains was paying people on a debit
card. I don't recall the details but they could incur fees.

OK, I found this
http://gothamist.com/2015/05/29/debi...ayroll_law.php
Attorney General Schneiderman proposed the Payroll Card Act last year,
when he looked into the matter, and found that many payroll card
programs charge fees for all ATM withdrawals and point-of-sale
transactions. 75% of the employees at 38 local and national companies
that contributed data to Schneiderman's study, including Wal-Mart,
McDonald's, and Walgreens, were charged fees while attempting to access
their wages.